Thursday, April 29, 2004

This makes me sad.



Don't get me wrong - I believe in free speech. And I believe Clear Channel is a very, very frightening media monster. But it seriously bums me out that Americans have taken this particular issue to heart and decided to take action. Isn't there a better 1st Amendment cause out there? (courtesy of adrants.com)



Clear Channel Suffers Huge Ratings Loss After Booting Howard Stern



Clear Channel is getting what it deserves - a mass exodus of listeners after pulling Howard Stern off the air. The numbers are staggering. Following Clear Channel's dropping of Stern from San Diego station KIOZ, for example, ratings plummeted from a number one position with and 8.9 rating 12+ to number 27 with a 0.7 rating. For specific demos, the losses were even more staggering. For men 18+, ratings went from a 12.7 to a 0.7. For men 18-34, ratings went from a 20.6 to a 0.8. For 25-54, ratings went from a 10.1 to a 1.0.