Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tip of the Day: To Designers


Poster designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith



Coralie Bickford-Smith is best recognized for her book cover designs for Penguin. Previously, I've blogged about Jen Wang's beautiful Penguin covers, and other great book cover arts. It's tricky, really, when I'm in Barnes&Noble, or Borders, or whatever book store, it's hard to know if I'm searching for my book, or simply browsing through the amazing book covers=)

The Beetle by Richard Marsh (I think this is my favourite cover) The Haunted Dolls' House by M. R. JamesThe Virgin of the Seven Daggers by Vernon Lee

The House on the Borderland by William Hope Hodgson
The Lair of the White Worm by Bram StokerThe Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe

The Spook House by Ambrose Bierce
The Dunwich Horror by H. P. LovecraftThe Haunted Hotel by Wilkie Collins

Madame Bovary by Gustave Falubert



Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë



Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë


The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Spines of all 10 hardcovers




And really, really, you have to read this interview! (that is, if you are a young, aspiring designer)