Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reading

Iselin Steiro, ph: Cameron Krone, backstage at the Rag & Bone show last night:


Reading is one of my favorite pleasures. This summer I read In a Country of Mothers by A.M. Homes at Tobay Beach.

After the shows I can't wait to relax with a good book. At this point I don't care if it's literature like Thomas Paine's "Common Sense " or re-reading Mary Jo Buttafuoco's "Getting It Through My Thick Skull: Why I Stayed, What I Learned, and What Millions of People Involved with Sociopaths Need to Know".

Bea Arthur as Dorothy Zbornak, carrying the suede bucket tote that inspired Alexander Wang's Dorothy bag, at a book signing with her ex-husband Stan's cousin Magda from the Czech Republic::



Magda: What's to happen? Now that there is freedom in my country my people will read these books and be confused.
Dorothy Petrillo Zbornak: These books represent different ideas. While you're here there are two books I want you to read. The first one is Thomas Paine's Common Sense, I think you'll realize what I'm trying to say. The other is Vanna White's autobiography.
Magda: Why should I read that?
Dorothy Petrillo Zbornak: It's just a hell of a book.